My daughter loves all things unicorns. So I decided to make her a special after-school snack. A big cup of unicorn-themed vanilla pudding. This was so easy to make and put a big smile on her face! Find the recipe to my easy vanilla pudding recipe below!
I made this with homemade vanilla pudding but you could use a store-bought box mix or vanilla pudding cup.
To make the different colors of pudding, I used gel food coloring. I placed the vanilla pudding into three separate bowls and used a toothpick to place the food coloring into the bowls until I got the pudding color I wanted.
If you love this unicorn pudding recipe you may also want to check out our free unicorn party kit! It includes everything you need to plan the perfect unicorn birthday party!
Vanilla Pudding Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until bubbles form on the edges of the pan.
- In a separate bowl mix the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add the sugar mixture into the hot milk, a little at a time. And stir it in.
- Continue cooking the mixture, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and butter.
- Put into serving dishes and chill before serving.
**WANT TO PIN THIS UNICORN PUDDING RECIPE FOR LATER? CLICK ON THE PIN BELOW TO SAVE THE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE RECIPE BOARD ON PINTEREST. ***
JOIN THE DISCUSSION! WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE AFTER-SCHOOL SNACK TO SERVE? HOW DO YOU MAKE IT SPECIAL FOR YOUR KIDS?
If you loved this recipe, I’d love for you to leave a comment and review!
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus party ideas and recipes! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, for party inspiration and mom tips, or see what I’m loving on Pinterest! Want to connect with a great group of moms? Join our Facebook Group.