So what is unicorn bread? Creamy pastel-colored cream cheese on bread with unicorn and rainbow cut-outs. I needed a quick after-school snack for my daughter one day and she loves unicorns! So I came up with this unicorn fairy bread idea. For dessert try easy unicorn pudding!
You could easily transform this fun rainbow sandwich into other themes. If your child loves mermaids use aqua and lavender food coloring with a mermaid tail cookie cutter.
For my unicorn bread, I used a unicorn head and rainbow cookie cutter that I purchased from Walmart. You can also find some similar ones online or at craft stores. I prefer to use gel food coloring in this recipe, because water-based food coloring may water down the cream cheese.
If your child loves unicorns and has a birthday party coming up, you need to check out my FREE unicorn birthday party printables. This kit includes invitations, thank you cards, banners, party games and so much more!
- Split a block of cream cheese into four small bowls.
- Add gel food coloring into each small bowl until the color is a nice pastel shade. I used pink, yellow, purple, and blue on my unicorn bread.
- Using the cookie cutter cut out the middle of a piece of bread. Set both the middle and the outer piece of bread to the side.
- Take another piece of bread and put a spoonful of each of the four colors of cream cheese on the bread. Carefully spread the cream cheese out.
- Place the cutout bread on top of the cream cheese bread forming a sandwich.
**WANT TO PIN THIS UNICORN BREAD RECIPE FOR LATER? CLICK ON THE PIN BELOW TO SAVE THE TODDLER SNACK IDEAS TO YOUR FAVORITE KID’S BOARD ON PINTEREST. ***
JOIN THE DISCUSSION! WHAT IS YOUR GO-TO AFTER-SCHOOL SNACK?
If you loved these rainbow sandwiches, I’d love for you to leave a comment and review!
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus party ideas and recipes! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, for party inspiration and mom tips, or see what I’m loving on Pinterest! Want to connect with a great group of moms? Join our Facebook Group