Bring the party to the table with these tasty pizza bombs. Each of these pizza dough appetizers is stuffed with gooey cheese and pepperoni. My kids loved them for dinner but they would also make the perfect portable pizza party snack!
I wanted an easy and tasty dinner to make after my girls and I spent the afternoon diamond painting together! We love diamond painting because it is a great family bonding activity and so calming.
One of the things that I love about this recipe, is it so easy to change the pizza stuffings to your liking!
To make this recipe simple, I used a roll of Pilsbury pizza crust. You could also make homemade pizza dough and then roll the dough out before cutting it.
I cut the Pilsbury pizza crust into 12 squares, to make 12 pizza bombs.
I had shredded mozzarella cheese in my refrigerator, so I used that for this recipe. Another option is to use cubed or sliced cheese in place of the shredded cheese. Cheddar cheese or a little provolone would also make tasty options.
Add Approximately one tablespoon of cheese to your cheese-stuffed pizza dough balls. If you overfill the mini pizza appetizers the cheese might leak out of them.
Tasty Pizza Bomb Fillings:
I used pepperoni inside my tasty pizza bombs because I have two picky kids at home. However, you can use any normal pizza topping inside: cooked sausage, mushrooms, black olives, pineapple…
Flavor Butter Topping:
The melted butter added to the top of the tasty pizza bombs added so much flavor to them. You could skip this step, but I wouldn’t suggest it. It is a really easy step, just melt your butter and att parsley and garlic powder. Use a basting brush to brush the butter to the top of each mini pizza appetizer.
Tasty Pizza Bomb Dipping Sauce:
Since there is no sauce on the inside of these pizza dough appetizers, you will want to dip them into something. We used a jarred marinara sauce, but alfredo or melted butter with garlic would also be tasty.
I am always trying to think of unique things for dinner because I feel like we are always eating the same things. If you liked these pepperoni and cheese stuffed pizza dough balls, you may want to try these mini chicken quesadillas!
Tasty Pizza Bombs
- Pizza Dough
- Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- 2 tsp. Parsley
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Marinara Sauce for Dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Unroll your pizza dough and using a pizza cutter or butter knife cut it into 12 equal squares.
- Take one square of dough and add 1 Tbsp. of mozzarella cheese to the top.
- Place two pieces of pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Now you will need to use the dough square and gently wrap it around your cheese and pepperoni to form a ball. Gently pinch the edges of the dough together.
- Place the dough ball on the cooking sheet.
- Repeat Steps 4-7 with the remaining dough squares.
- In a small dish mix the melted butter, parsley, and garlic powder.
- Using a basting brush add the butter mixture to the tops of each pizza bomb.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes or until your pizza bombs are slightly golden.
- Dip in marinara sauce and enjoy!
**WANT TO PIN THIS TASTY PIZZA BOMB RECIPE FOR LATER? CLICK ON THE PIN BELOW TO SAVE THE CHEESE-STUFFED PIZZA DOUGH BALLS RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE RECIPE BOARD ON PINTEREST. ***
JOIN THE DISCUSSION! WHAT DO YOU LIKE ON YOUR PIZZA?
If you loved the mini pizza appetizer recipe, I’d love for you to leave a comment and review!
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus party ideas and recipes! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, for party inspiration and mom tips, or see what I’m loving on Pinterest! Want to connect with a great group of moms? Join our Facebook Group