Perler beads provide endless creative possibilities for kids of all ages! If your children are already fans of making flat designs, why not take it up a notch and create a stunning 3-D project with them? With a little imagination and some patience, you can transform thousands of tiny perler beads into a gorgeous bowl that will become a treasured centerpiece in your home. And let us know what your favorite easy perler bead ideas are!
Not only is this a fun activity for the whole family, but it also allows kids to develop important skills such as fine motor control and concentration. Plus, the finished product is not only functional, but it also serves as a beautiful piece of art that your family can cherish for years to come.
So why not give it a try? With our easy-to-follow perler bead ideas, you can create a stunning bowl that will wow your family and friends. Get ready to unleash your creativity and have fun!
Perler Bead Bowl
Benefits of DIY Projects:
- Improves Problem-Solving: Oftentimes little things don’t always go as planned while doing DIY projects. When you spend time figuring out the problem, you improve these skills.
- Bring Out Your Creativity: Spend less time in front of electronics and more time letting your creative side flow!
- Gain New Skills: DIY usually takes some research and trial and error, during this process you will acquire new skills.
- Saves Money: Build your own gift for your friends and family, and save some money in the process!
Love Perler Bead Bowls & Want To Try Some Other DIY Projects?
- Angel Bookmark: Create your own Angel bookmark to help save your page in your favorite book!
- Sharpie Mug: Color your mug in any design! Perfect for gifting to teachers or as a Father’s Day gift.
- Tissue Paper Flowers: A simple sheet of tissue paper can be made into a beautiful flower!
What Are Perler Beads?
Perler beads are an amazing crafting material that allows you to create intricate designs with ease. These little beads come in a wide range of colors, making them perfect for any crafting project you can think of. One of the great things about these beads is that they fuse together when heat is applied, which means you can create a permanent design that won’t come apart. To use Perler beads, you simply place them on a small pegboard in your desired design. You can get creative with your design and make anything from simple geometric patterns to complex landscapes. Once you have your design ready, you place an iron over the beads, which will melt them together and create a stunning finished product. You can purchase Perler beads at almost any craft store or online, and they are typically very affordable. If you’re looking for a fun and creative way to pass the time, Perler beads are definitely worth checking out!
What Size beads should I use?
While they typically come in a small size (beads on the left), did you know that you can also get them in a larger size (beads on the right)? These bigger beads open up a whole new world of crafting possibilities!
I recently made some beautiful bowls using both sizes of perler beads. One of them is black and pink and made using the large perler beads, while the other is white, pink, and purple and made using the small perler beads. I also made a multi-colored bowl using the larger beads. It’s amazing to see how the different sizes create a unique look and texture.
If you want to get creative with perler beads, consider trying both sizes to see what kind of designs you can come up with! The possibilities are endless. Check out the links to get the small and large perler beads yourself and start your own crafting adventure.
I want to share my experience using different sizes of beads. In my opinion, larger beads are better than smaller ones. When making a perler bead bowl, the use of larger beads resulted in a stronger and sturdier bowl than when smaller beads were used. Sorting by color is also easier with larger beads since they’re larger. On the other hand, creating a pattern with smaller beads is time-consuming and sometimes frustrating. It’s a completely different story with larger beads; creation of pattern is quicker and less time-consuming. Using larger beads is worthwhile if aiming to save time and effort.
Is The Perler Bead Bowl Food-Safe?
It is important to note that placing food or edibles within your perler bowl is not advisable. Perler bowls exist primarily for decorative purposes, adding flair and style to any space in which they are placed. Their intricate beaded design makes them a perfect accent piece in any room, and they work exceptionally well as a storage solution for small items like keys or toys. The unique texture and design of these bowls make them an excellent choice for anyone looking to spruce up their home décor. So while a perler bowl should never serve as a container for food or drink, it is still an immensely useful and attractive item to have on hand.
Does Melting The Beaded Bowl Have A Bad Smell?
When melting my bowls, I didn’t smell anything but I had my oven hood fan running, which could have dispersed any odors. If you’re sensitive to smells, plan your project on a day with good ventilation to ensure maximum comfort. Safety and comfort should be considered when doing any DIY activity.
Perler Bead Bowl:
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Spray an oven-safe glass bowl with cooking spray. The cooking spray will help hold the perler beads in place while designing your perler bead bowl.
- Sort the colors of perler beads that you will be using.
- Starting at the bottom of the glass bowl place the perler beads in a single layer. The beads need to be close together to melt together. The higher up you build the perler beads up the side of the bowl, the taller the finished piece you will achieve.
- Put the glass bowl with the beads into your oven on the middle rack. Cook the big perler bead bowl for 30 minutes and the small beaded bowls for 20 minutes.
- Being very careful, an adult should take the bowl out of the oven (it will be very hot!) Let it cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Using the back of a metal spoon gently place in between the glass bowl and the beaded bowl. Go around the bowls and gently pry out the beaded bowl.
- Rinse your beaded bowl in running water to remove the cooking spray.
If you want to save these ideas for later, we have got you covered! All you have to do is click on the pin below and save the perler bead bowl tutorial to your favorite craft board on Pinterest. This way, you can come back to these easy perler bead ideas whenever you want and have them at your fingertips. So, get creative and start making some amazing perler bead creations today!
Thanks for checking out our post on creating a perler bead bowl! Share your experience and colorful combinations with us and leave a review on our website if you loved the idea. Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Pinterest for more updates and ideas. Thank you for being a part of our community!