I love how fun and colorful these chocolate marshmallows are. They are sure to brighten up any kid’s birthday party. These fun marshmallows are so easy and quick to make.
These would be fun at a unicorn birthday party, because of how colorful they are. Be sure to check out our free unicorn party printables.
I think they would be so cute on a dessert table with funfetti cupcakes! They have a similar color scheme.
Match your party theme by changing the color of the chocolate or sprinkles. I like to use a variety of colors and types of sprinkles to add variety.
You will also need candy melts to dip your marshmallows in. I chose pink, but you can use any color. I purchased my candy melts from Walmart, but you can find them at Joann’s, Michaels, or Amazon as well.
I used pink for this recipe because I had leftover candy melts from when I made chocolate-covered cherries! Yummy!
The chocolate-covered marshmallows will keep on the counter, in an air-tight container, for several days. So you can make them the day before the party. I have also stored extras in the freezer, inside of a zip lock bag. And then pulled them out to snack on later.
If you are going to use the chocolate-covered marshmallows for a party favor, you can wrap the marshmallow up and then tie it with a pretty bow.
Chocolate Covered Marshmallows
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Regular-Sized Marshmallows
- Candy Melts
- Lollipop Sticks
- Melt the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. It took 2 minutes to melt my chocolates. Do not overcook your chocolate, you want it to just be melted.
- Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and then put on a marshmallow. Using a spoon drizzle the chocolate over the marshmallow until it is completely covered. Be careful not to get too much chocolate onto the lollipop stick.
- At this point, you may have too much chocolate on the marshmallow. Using the edge of the chocolate bowl, tap the lollipop stick, to get the excess chocolate off of the marshmallow. I tapped my marshmallow sticks 5-10 each, to get it to the thickness that I wanted. If you skip this step the chocolate will be very thick.
- While the chocolate is still melted dip the top into a bowl of sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate to dry. You could put them on a platter to dry but it will melt flat in that spot or I put mine in the vase of Sixlets to dry. You could also use Styrofoam to stick the end into, so you do not damage the chocolate shell.
**WANT TO PIN THIS CHOCOLATE-COVERED MARSHMALLOW RECIPE FOR LATER? CLICK ON THE PIN BELOW TO SAVE THE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE BIRTHDAY PARTY BOARD ON PINTEREST. ***
JOIN THE DISCUSSION! WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF SPRINKLE? WHAT COLOR COMBINATION DID YOU USE?
If you loved this chocolate-covered marshmallow recipe, I’d love for you to leave a comment and review!
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus party ideas and recipes! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, for party inspiration and mom tips, or see what I’m loving on Pinterest! Want to connect with a great group of moms? Join our Facebook Group.