Are you ever home alone and hungry? But don’t want to make a whole pot of noodles, because you know you will eat too much. This homemade mac and cheese for one is the perfect solution. Cook up just enough for you using lunch mug recipes.
Be sure to put a plate under your mug when cooking your noodles in the microwave. The water in the mug may overflow, and the plate will catch the water.
You want to use a large mug for this recipe. I love my Disney castle mug that I got at Disney World a few years ago! It is the perfect size for this recipe.
If you love this recipe you will want to try our unicorn sandwiches! They are so fun and colorful, and the kids will love them for an afternoon snack.
Homemade Mach and Cheese for One
- 1 cup egg noodles or elbow noodles
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Add water and noodles to a large microwavable mug.
- Place the mug on top of a microwaveable plate in the microwave.
- Cook the noodles in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cheese, butter and milk into the mug with the noodles and stir.
- Microwave the mac and cheese for 30 seconds or until the cheese melts
If you Loved Mug Mac & Cheese, Check Out These Posts!
**WANT TO PIN THESE MAC AND CHEESE FOR ONE PERSON FOR LATER? CLICK ON THE PIN BELOW TO SAVE THE HOMEMADE MAC AND CHEESE FOR ONE TO YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MUG RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST. ***
JOIN THE DISCUSSION! WHAT IS YOUR GO-TO LUNCH WHEN YOU ARE HOME ALONE?
If you loved the homemade mac and cheese for one recipe, I’d love for you to leave a comment and review!
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus party ideas and recipes! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, for party inspiration and mom tips, or see what I’m loving on Pinterest! Want to connect with a great group of moms? Join our Facebook Group