I love a good frosting on top of my cakes, and this is the best cookies and cream frosting that I have ever made!
My daughter requested cookies and cream cake frosting for her 9th birthday. So I whipped up this yummy cake and frosting for her. If you decide to go with traditional buttercream, I suggest this buttercream frosting.
This cake is the first cake that hasn’t been bright and full of unicorns or other kid creatures. In the past, all of her cakes included homemade fondant accents. She loves my funfetti cupcakes. But as she gets older I suspect I will be making more of my best cookies and cream frosting.
Share on pinterest
Follow us on Pinterest for recipes, DIY & more
Best Cookies And Cream Frosting
- 5 Sticks of Butter – Room Temperature
- 8 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 25 Crushed Cookies And Cream Cookies (Oreo or off-brand) – Plus Extra whole cookies for garnish
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3-5 Tablespoons Milk
- Beat butter until smooth with an electric mixer
- Slowly add half of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. (start on low speed, and then increase the mixer speed)
- Add vanilla and the rest of the powdered sugar and then mix (start on low speed and then gradually increase.
- Add in the cookies and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Add milk one tablespoon at a time until you get your desired consistency
Check Out These Posts! (if you loved my best cookies and cream frosting)
**WANT TO PIN THE BEST COOKIES AND CREAM FROSTING FOR LATER? CLICK ON THE PIN BELOW TO SAVE THE COOKIES AND CREAM CAKE FROSTING TO YOUR FAVORITE KID’S PARTY BOARD ON PINTEREST. ***
JOIN THE DISCUSSION! WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLAVOR FROSTING?
If you loved the best cookies and cream frosting, I’d love for you to leave a comment and review!
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus party ideas and recipes! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, for party inspiration and mom tips, or see what I’m loving on Pinterest! Want to connect with a great group of moms? Join our Facebook Group